Summer is here and it’s time to plan a visit to your favorite vacation destination. Whether you'll head to the mountains this year, to the beach or to any one of a hundred other destinations in between, you'll need all your favorite necessities, and statistics show that some items are more forgettable than others. In a nutshell, here's a list of the 10 items you'll need but are highly unlikely to include on your packing list for vacation:
- Chargers -- According to a survey published at Statista, cell-phone chargers topped the list of left-behind goodies for those packing for vacation. And that goes both ways. Even if you do remember to bring your charger along, odds are good you're going to leave it behind when you go.
- Sunblock and Sunglasses -- Small, forgettable and easy to miss, sunblock and sunglasses rarely get to go on vacation. Instead, they tend to languish on the nightstand, in the bathroom medicine cabinet or in the car while you're forced to purchase new ones miles from home.
- Electronic Storage -- You'll likely remember your camera or your camera phone. You might even remember to bring batteries. But according to Huffington Post, there's a pretty good chance you won't think about needing extra storage for your vacation pics. If your electronic device offers up limited storage options, make sure to invest in a simple memory card before the day of departure. And then be sure to remember not to leave it behind.
- Garbage Bags -- You probably won't need them for garbage, but they'll come in super-handy to keep damp, wet or sand-covered clothing separate from the rest of your luggage. Simple black garbage bags work wonders, but only if you remember to bring them.
- Hand Sanitizer -- Regardless of your destination, if you're traveling via any type of public transportation, you'll need hand sanitizer. Meeting new people is always a good thing; catching their current summer cold is not. Tuck the hand sanitizer right in your purse, or you won't have it when you need it most.
- Umbrella -- Sure, you don't plan on encountering any rain during that once-a-year getaway to your dream destination, but if you're a realist, you'll want to pack an umbrella anyway. Of course, wanting to pack it and remembering to pack it are never the same.
- Painkillers or Travel Sickness Pills -- Few things will ruin a vacation faster than desperately needing something for that headache that sprung up out of nowhere and not having it nearby. You can buy more, but odds are good they'll be much pricier away from home.
- Cash -- Even in this world of digital transactions, you're going to need at least a little cash on vacation, especially when traveling with kids.
- Personal Care Products -- Easier to leave behind than you might realize, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toothpaste cost so much more when you're forced to pay hotel and resort prices for them.
- Sweater or Jacket -- Even the most tropical destinations can boast a chilly night. Add this little necessity to your packing list for vacation.
Before you embark on this summer's epic vacation, stop in and see the friendly professionals at Deer Valley Credit Union for a vacation loan.
Rates, terms and conditions are subject to change and may vary based on creditworthiness, qualifications, and collateral conditions. All loans subject to approval.
This information is intended to be a general resource only and is not intended to be nor does it constitute legal advice. Any recommendations are based on opinion only.