When was your last real vacation? If you are scratching your head, it’s really time to make a getaway a priority.
In order to find your toes in the sand, your skies coasting on fresh powder or your golf clubs getting more than time in your closet, you need to start by painting your financial picture. Like all major purchases, it may seem overwhelming at first. However, with smart budgeting and the right financial knowledge, you will be setting sail, taking flight or cruising off on your winter vacation in no time flat.
How do you find deals?
There are lots of ways to sleuth out deals. Here are just a few strategies to consider:
- If you have a rewards credit card, redeem miles or use travel partnership discounts.
- Checkout sites like Groupon, where you can search “getaways” for intriguing offers.
- Search the major travel websites, like Travelocity, Airbnb, Orbitz, VRBO, Priceline, etc.
- Look to your favorite airline for their vacation deals. You may even get incentives for subscribing to their enewsletter.
- Reach out to your favorite theme park to see what packages they are featuring.
- Consider unique destinations or traveling during non-peak times.
- Follow travel deal sites on Twitter to watch for coupons and announcements.
- Think about the organizations and clubs you belong to (e.g., AAA, AARP) to see how your membership can turn into travel savings.
- Consider campsites and other off-the-beaten-path accommodations.
- Be open to last-minute travel deals that could deliver significant savings.
When should I start budgeting?
Well, that all depends on when you plan to leave and how long you intend to be away. The easiest answer is right away. The key is to determine what you will need to spend and, therefore, what you need to save. Deer Valley Credit Union has integrated MoneyDesktop
into online banking and the mobile app. MoneyDesktop is a free budget tool that empowers you to control your finances and simplify your life.
What if you need a little financial boost?
For some extra spending power at a fantastic rate, Deer Valley Credit Union has the ideal personal loan
for you. It’s easy to apply
for an unsecured loan or a line of credit. Both offer a low minimum payment that won’t stress your pocketbook.
Remember, as a member of Deer Valley Credit Union, you have access to over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs globally, as well as partner credit union locations in the CO-OP Shared Branching Network.
This article is intended to be a general resource only and is not intended to be nor does it constitute legal advice. Any recommendations are based on opinion only.
All loans subject to approval. Rates, terms and conditions are subject to change and may vary based on creditworthiness, qualifications and collateral conditions. Membership is required.