Deer Valley Credit Union's Board is chosen to serve you.
Elected by members
Serving as volunteers
Setting DVCU's course
Acting in members' best interests
Serving on the Board of Directors is a volunteer position that carries tremendous importance. Elected by DVCU member-owners, board members' primary function is to set policy, plan DVCU's course, ensure its sound financial condition, keep communication open to educate members on services, hire and review the chief executive officer's progress in achieving goals and objectives, and report to the members at the annual meeting. All activities shall comply with appropriate regulations and law. All decisions should be guided by the best interest of Deer Valley Credit Union members.
Current Board Members
Harold Kinch, Chairman
Chris Urness, Vice Chairman
Ed Frick, Secretary
Steve Wolfe, Treasurer
Janet Burgett Martin
- Be a member in good standing at Deer Valley Credit Union for a minimum of one year
- Devote time and talent to preparation and participation in board meetings, committee meetings, special projects, assignments and independent study
- Take and handle criticism for making necessary but unpopular decisions
- Have an open mind, the ability to use sound judgment, a willingness to accept responsibility, and the ability to make group decisions with fellow board members
- Demonstrate a desire to learn about the credit union, the services, laws, and regulations that govern it, and the responsibilities of a board member
- Display a combination of work experience, education and demographic representation that is appropriate for the position
If you want to be considered for election to the Board of Directors, please send a resume and cover letter stating your interest to this address:
Deer Valley Credit Union
Attn: Nominating Committee
16215 N. 28th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85053
Positions may not always be available, but your interest and information will be kept in a file for possible openings.
Associate Board Members
We're also seeking members interested in becoming Associate Board Members and serving as liaisons to the Board of Directors. This position requires you be a DVCU member in good standing while meeting several other criteria.